In uncomplicated cases, the Florida probate attorney will act as an advisor to the named/appointed executor or administrator, providing legal assistance and advice in the handling of the decedent’s affairs.
In more complicated estates, the attorney has a much more important role in the administration and distribution of assets. Estate administration through probate can take a minimum of six months to one year, or possibly longer dependent upon estate plan, assets and legal entanglements. Here is where the probate attorney’s guidance can be exceptionally useful.
Our attorneys understand probate law from all sides and strive to provide the best guidance on fine points of law for our clients. Here are some of the tasks that a Jacksonville probate and wills attorney can handle for you:
- Prepare wills and power of attorney documents and do estate administration
- Prepare and file the probate documents in the court effectively and in a timely fashion
- Advises on tax issues at both the federal and state levels and helps reduce or eliminate the estate tax
- Get appraisals and obtain real values of the estate’s assets and properties
- Collect proceeds from life insurance policies and manage retirement plans, such as IRAs and 401(k)s
- Help pay the debts of the estate or assist in the sale process of the estate if there aren’t enough liquid assets
- Deal with those who contest the will or creditor claims through mediation or appropriate litigation
- Create a living trust to avoid probate, when needed
- Manage the asset distribution process and provide expert guidance on estate management
- Settle any disputes between the personal representative and the estate’s beneficiaries
So if you are involved in a probate matter and looking for a probate and wills attorney in Jacksonville, FL, then give us a call today at (904) 348-0030 to speak to one of our expert lawyers. Our qualified Florida probate attorneys focus quickly on the issues that matter and guide you through the right choices for you and everyone involved.
It is highly advised to seek a professional probate and wills attorney in Jacksonville, FL to assist you with preparing important estate plan documents and the probate process. Many try to put together a will without the help of a seasoned probate and wills attorney, but that usually results in unreliable or flawed documents that will not protect you, your assets, or your loved ones. If your documents are not done correctly, the court will step in to try to untangle your wishes and inclination in probate. At The DeVries Law Firm, P.A., we will devise a reliable estate plan complete with the tools necessary, such as a will, trust, declaration of guardianships, powers of attorney, and designations, to meticulously fit your needs and wishes.